February 22, 2013
During the days of itinerant Preachers, traveling miles by horseback to the communities they served, it was a brave venture for the fledgling congregation to construct a small wood frame parsonage in 1876. Reverend C.F. Waldecker was the first Pastor to occupy the house.
In 1921, during the Pastorate of Rev. Tillman W. Hoernemann, a modern brick structure was built at the cost of $17,000.
The Parsonage was home to First E&R Pastors and their families throughout the decades until 1984. Seen here in 1987, before the dwelling was demolished that year.